Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 28:1-29. I find the warning issued through Isaiah to Ephraim instructional for followers of Jesus exiled in America.
- What is the main point of this passage? The first 8 verses describe the people’s behavior, which is displeasing to the LORD. Once a nation’s behavior becomes irreconcilable, God must judge it in this age because it cannot enter the next. Nations do not have eternal life, people do. God’s just judgment is coming and it appears nothing will prevent it from happening. This punishment will be severe, an overwhelming scourge including, terror, shortages, and death. Throughout this warning, the LORD promises to provide a godly and righteous leader and salvation to anyone who places his or her trust in Him (verses 5, 6, 16, and 29). In verses 9-22, the prophet explains the people have rejected the LORD and have made a covenant with death (verse 15). The occupier of the Whitehouse has made an agreement with Iran – a nation committed to the death cult of Islam. Will this be the cause that brings about God’s righteous judgment upon America?
- What does God reveal about Himself? Even though God calls forth His unique judgment (verse 21), He promises salvation to His people (verse 16). We need to remember Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- What insights can I apply to my life? I believe God will allow spiritual darkness to cover the Earth, again. If His judgment is happening, what can I do? As a Believer exiled in America, I must continue to place my trust in Jesus for eternal life even if He calls me to physically suffer at the hands of Islamic killers or American civil authorities.
- How can I use this passage to honor God? This will be my first blog post for 2016. The Scriptures teach God warns before He acts. Today is the day of salvation.
- Where is God working in my life today? I have a renewed purpose to be a watchman on the wall and sound the alarm to warn others of God’s pending judgment on America and to remind Believers to place their trust in Jesus.