Saturday, January 16, 2016

January 16, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 41:1-29

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 41:1-29.  I am sad because my friend's son lost his battle to survive.  I am grateful my friend understands his son finished his race.  The scripture is true, when one grieves, we all grieve, and I pray Jesus provides His comfort to my friend and his family.  Also, I am still processing the 13 Hours movie.  America’s leaders abandoned her people.  It is hard to swallow, but it is true.  It reminds me I can never place any trust in the United States government.  I must place all of my trust in Almighty God.  Finally, my dog bit a child.  I may have to surrender him.  It is my fault because I knew he might and I didn’t act to prevent the incident.  I’ll do what is required, but I could use prayer for mercy.  My dog may have to be put-down because of my negligence.  This passage reminds me suffering touches everyone.

  1. What is the main point of this passage? To summarize all of the five themes, I think God is warning His judgment will fall upon all Israel and Judah.  All of the people will suffer.  The ungodly will suffer violent destruction, lack, and grief.  The godly will suffer in similar ways except He will provide His comfort because of His great mercy and His promise to Abraham His servant.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  He will judge rightly.  Those who place their trust in the world will suffer great loss.  Those who place their trust in Him alone, may suffer along side of their unbelieving brethren, but God will provide them with His sustaining comfort.
  3. What insights can I apply to my life? His unquenchable wrath is coming upon the whole world including the USA.  I think we will be thrust backward in time and a large percentage of the American people do not know how to live under harsh physical conditions.  I must beg God for wisdom trusting His promise to grant it liberally.  Today, I need His wisdom to face putting my dog, Bailey, down.  The matter is beyond my control.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  Believers need to know God is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  He did not spare the children of Israel the judgment they deserved for rejecting Him.  He won’t spare America for doing the same and worse.
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  I am trusting God for a positive outcome – not my will but His.  If I have to surrender Bailey, I will.  It’s a shame he has to pay the penalty for my sin.  This is a grievous time.
Thanks for reading and praying.                  

No comments: