Last evening, Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) gave his fictional State of the fractured-union address. I pray for his safety and hope it was his last lecture of what we as Americans should be and do. I suppose no one has ever explained to him that whenever someone dictates that another should be this or do that, they are manipulating their listeners. Furthermore, the scriptures teach manipulation is as the sin of witchcraft. Evil is as evil does. As predicted, he belittled every point of view differing from his. He demonstrated his affection for the Islamic world. He seems to have accepted the lie Islam is the superior way. He filled his speech with lies regarding the economy, military status and strength ignoring the news flash that Iran captured and later released ten Navy Seamen. Was our new friend, Iran, out fishing? And, he demeaned anyone who disputes climate change. He demonstrated his close relationship with the father-of-lies.
- What is the main point of this passage? Through the prophet Isaiah, Almighty God warns King Hezekiah he must get his house in order for he will soon die. Hezekiah petitions the LORD. In my opinion, Hezekiah overstated his righteousness very much like BHO overstated his presidency’s effectiveness. God sends Isaiah to tell Hezekiah He has heard the king’s prayer and God will extend the king’s life another 15 years. We can hope that we only have to suffer under BHO’s dictatorship another 12 months. To confirm His word, God gives Hezekiah a miraculous sign (verses 1-8). In verses 9-14, Hezekiah writes of his distress. In verses 15-20, he seems to declare his testimony – God saving his life. Finally, verses 21 and 22 record Hezekiah’s healing.
- What does God reveal about Himself? God hears and answers prayer, even those of a nominal believer. As I wrote yesterday, Hezekiah demonstrated that he knows of God but lacks the confidence of knowing God, which is a natural byproduct of a close relationship with Jesus.
- What insights can I apply to my life? I will continue to pray for my friend, his son, and his family as we wait upon God.
- How can I use this passage to honor God? Father, in this passage, You heard the prayer of a man who was inconsistent in his honoring of You. Father, I know I am no better or worse. I ask in the name of Jesus raise up my friend’s son to become a mighty man of valor for the Kingdom of God.
- Where is God working in my life today? Father raise up a standard above medical science so the world will know there is a God in Heaven who hears and answers prayer.
Thanks for reading.