- What is the main point of this passage? Through the prophet, God is making it clear He alone is our salvation. Verses 1 through 4 provide a description of the coming Messiah’s righteous character (a dramatic contrast to HRC). God will place His Spirit on Messiah. In verses 5 through 9, God declares His intended purpose for choosing the children of Israel – to be His light to the nations (discussed further in # 3 below). This applies to the Messiah and things He will accomplish so we can recognize Him. Isaiah proclaims all will praise God for the wondrous victories He will secure in verses 10 through 13. I think of all the different peoples who worship Jesus for paying the penalty for our sins and I can see this prophecy’s fulfillment. Unfortunately, for those who place their trust elsewhere, God declares judgment for them in verses 14 through 17. In verses 18 through 22, Isaiah appears to describe the conditions survivors of severe judgment will face. Verses 22 through 25 sounds like the punishment Jews faced during the 1930s and 1940s under Nazi Germany and under Nazi occupied Europe.
- What does God reveal about Himself? He declares what He will do long before He does it (verse 9). When He executes judgment, it will be certain with a purpose to bring glory to Himself so that the world will know He alone is God.
- What insights can I apply to my life? We know from history Jesus fulfilled the descriptive verses in this passage. The end to the gentile era is coming to a close. Today is the day of salvation. Consider Jesus. He calls His followers to be the light of the world and salt of the earth. I choose to live a godly life to fulfill His purpose for saving me.
- How can I use this passage to honor God? I declare Jesus is Almighty God. He is my Creator (verse 5). He alone paid my sin penalty. He alone is my salvation.
- Where is God working in my life today? Today, Iran released 3 Americans. Then, it is possible an Iranian militia captured 3 more. Americans traveling abroad now have a bounty on them. If this isn’t a form of judgment, I don’t know what is. We have the leaders we deserve for rejecting Jesus. The Muslim world is invading and occupying the entire Western world. Eventually, they will repeat the horrors of Nazi occupied Europe with greater intensity against all Christians and Jews. Please, LORD Jesus, come and rescue Your people.
|Defense - Fumble Recovery|
|Outstanding Punt Return|
|Record - 5 Field Goals|