- What is the main point of this passage? In verses 1 through 17 God raises His complaint against Israel for making a security agreement with Egypt and rejecting Him as their Savior and Protector. God restates from where our security comes – trusting Him (verse 15). Because our culture rejects Him calamity is sure to follow. In verses 18 through 33 God declares His desire to bless His people if they repent. He promises to direct us, teach us, provide for us, and protect us from our enemies if we place our faith and trust in Him.
- What does God reveal about Himself? He is able to clearly express His opinion and His reasons for bringing judgment upon the people of Israel. The people have rejected Him and turned to the world to provide security. He also declares His desire to bless His people if they would repent and turn to Him. This applies to Americans, too. God condemned Israel for rejecting Him. What prevents Him from condemning America?
- What insights can I apply to my life? Our culture continues to embrace the false security of socialism without understanding the inherent evils embedded in it. Some Americans have sought the false security of a greater evil – Islam. I choose to embrace and serve Jesus and His liberty in His Holy Spirit. I reject government dictatorships.
- How can I use this passage to honor God? Prepare for national judgment. Apply these warnings to my family and myself. I pray and ask Jesus to reveal where my heart seeks security from any source other than Him.
- Where is God working in my life today? Islamic terrorism is growing more intense each day and BHO wants to increase gun control. Father, if it is not too late please provide us with godly leadership.
Monday, January 04, 2016
January 4, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 30:1-33
Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 30:1-33. Isaiah warns the people that they have rejected God and have sought security by making an agreement with Egypt, something God specifically told them not to do. In America, the occupier of the Whitehouse made an agreement with an apocalyptic Iran, something the American people screamed at him not to do. The Israeli people lost their nation because of their rejection of the LORD. Will America pass away because she has rejected her Creator? Those who trade liberty for security deserve neither. Today, Iran and Saudi Arabia are coming close to a hot war and Israel will be caught in the crossfire. Will America be drawn into another clash of civilizations?