Friday, January 15, 2016

January 15, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 40:1-31

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 40:1-31. I have been asked what is my favorite scripture verse.  I cannot answer because many have impacted my life.  This passage is one of the many.  I reviewed my commentary notes from 5 and 10 years ago.  On both previous trips through this scripture, I was excited to see my earlier comments and how God used this passage to guide me during those days.  The difference from then and now, the tragic but predictable September 11, 2012 Benghazi attack happened.  I read the book, “13 Hours In Benghazi,” and today, we saw the movie.  If you want to know the truth about what occurred, please, go and see the, "13 Hours," movie.  It is worth your time.


Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) and Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC) failed to act.  They chose to standby and watch.  They are responsible for what happened that fateful night, which resulted in the death of 4 Americans: Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty, Sean Smith, and American Ambassador, Christopher Stevens.  Why BHO gets a pass is beyond me.  Why is he above the law?  HRC, on the other hand, must be prosecuted.  Regardless, she deserves God’s wrath unless she repents of her role in failing to heed the alerts and calls for more security measures and personnel.  The government and mainstream media have done all they can to cover up the truth of what happened, even bearing false witness, placing the blame on an internet video.  The families of the lost loved-ones and the American people deserve to know the truth.  To get to the truth, the justice department must indict HRC.  Let her have a fair trial for her breach of national security.  If convicted, let her spend the rest of her life in federal prison.  I am grateful Almighty God knows the truth and he will judge her rightly, another key point found in this passage of scripture.

  1. What is the main point of this passage? This is a prophetic message announcing a time when Israel will end warfare (verses 1 & 2), and the coming of the Messiah (verse 3).  The prophet describes our LORD’s many recognizable character traits.  Isaiah proclaims the incomparable greatness of Almighty God.  I wish I could express His majesty as well as the prophet.  In verses 3 through 8, we are reminded that the Word of God lasts forever.  If only the climate change know-it-alls would grasp this truth.  Verses 12 through 20 declare how incomparable is Almighty God.  Verses 21 through 26 declare how insignificant are the rulers and governments of the world.  Take that HRC.  Finally, verses 27 through 31 declare the blessing God grants to all who trust in Him.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  He alone is God.  He is the Supreme Judge of the Universe.  He is the Almighty Creator, and He desires to bless all who place their trust in Him.
  3. What insights can I apply to my life?  I must walk humbly before God, place all my trust in Him, and wait for Him to teach, lead and guide me each step along life’s path.  Since the nations are nothing to Him, I pray I will not be upset if HRC becomes the next president and then God pours out His unquenchable wrath upon the USA.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  I choose to join with the prophet and declare God’s majesty.
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  Father, I know I will stand before you regarding this request, but I ask that verse 23 will come to pass for HRC.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: