Friday, January 08, 2016

January 8, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 34:1-17

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 34:1-17.  It is snowing here in Colorado, today.  The thing I like most
about the snow is the muffling effect it has.  Everyone and everything is forced to slow down and there is peacefulness in the atmosphere.  Our black and gray poodle came back in the house covered in white flakes.  The former Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta will testify before the Benghazi investigation committee.  I hope the committee will probe into the lack of military support to those Americans stationed in Benghazi.  I read the book, 13 Hours.  It is clear to me, our personnel were left behind and they had no one to depend on other than themselves.  I can’t wait for the movie to come out next Friday.  It is a must see for every American.  They need to remember Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC) is responsible for the deaths of 4 Americans (probably many more because as far as she is concerned what difference does dead Americans make).   I’m glad Dana Loesch had the opportunity to challenge BHO in his staged town-hall (gun grab) meeting.

  1. What is the main point of this passage?  Verses 1 through 15 describe God’s coming wrath to be poured out on all nations because of their treatment of the land and people He loves – Israel (verse 8).  This judgment will include America and self-proclaimed Christians because they embrace the demonic doctrine, replacement theology.  In verse 16, He commands us to search the scriptures for God’s revealed will regarding every topic important to Him and humanity.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  He has an opinion on every subject.  It is up to us to discover what His opinion is and make a choice if we agree or disagree.  If we disagree, He is up to the challenge to reason with us and persuade us to accept his position.
  3. What insights can I apply to my life?  I pray I always choose to accept and join the LORD’s side on any given subject.  I believe I understand God’s opinion regarding self-defense, defense of my family and friends, and the defense of those who cannot defend themselves.  I will not submit to any government, which is in rebellion against God’s revealed will regarding this and many other issues.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  Bible study grants us the opportunity to reject all of the world’s thoughts and attitudes (verse 1).  It is important for us to search and discover God’s view on all matters.  I pray we elect godly leadership for we will need righteous leaders if we are to stand during the pending calamity ordered by the LORD.
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  I pray the Benghazi committee is able to uncover more truth regarding what happened the night of September 11, 2012.  I recommend reading the book, 13 Hours, and see 13 Hours Movie coming out next Friday, January 15, 2016.
Thanks for reading.          
 

No comments: