Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 37:1-38

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 37:1-38.  This passage is a restatement of 2 Kings 19:1-37.

1. What is the main point of this passage?  King Hezekiah must decide, which spoken word he will believe.  Will he choose to believe the plausible and logical statement given by a murderous heathen, one that promises food, drink, and slavery for the people the Assyrians let live?  Or, will he choose to believe the rebuking promise of deliverance given by a proven godly man?  How often do we face the same choice?  As readers of this report, we cannot tell what choice Hezekiah will make because he asks Isaiah to pray to Isaiah’s God, and perhaps Isaiah’s God will intervene on behalf of the remnant of Judah (verse 4).  Hezekiah knows of God but he has no confidence in God because he does not know God personally.
2. What does God reveal about Himself?  God does intervene in the affairs of man for His sake and the sake of the promises He has made to His anointed servant, David.  If we know Jesus, we can have confidence that God hears and answers prayer.
3. What insights can I apply to my life?  I believe I know, which choice I will make.  I am confident the occupier of the Whitehouse would choose to follow the word of the Assyrian because of his sympathy for the Islamic world and his demonstrated hatred for Israel.  He invited an Imam as a guest at his propaganda speech tonight.  If given the chance, he’s turn America over to Islamic control, instantly.
4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  I have a friend who has asked for prayer for a miracle healing by God for his son.  I know God is willing and able to intervene and heal.  Please join with me to petition our LORD, Jesus for healing and restoration.  Almighty God and Father, I lift up my friend’s son to You.  We ask You for a miracle healing for this young man.  Father God, I know You hear and answer prayers and only You know how many prayers have been offered on his behalf by Your godly ones.  I trust Your decision and I stand with my friend in holding fast to Your promises.
5. Where is God working in my life today?  We wait upon the LORD to perform a miracle and prove to everyone who is watching, He is God.

Tonight, Barack Hussein Obama, the usurper-in-chief, will address the nation.  He will present the State of the Fractured Union speech.  He’ll belittle anyone who disagrees with him as he’s done so many times before.  He’ll mix lies with enough truth to create confusion.  I pray this will be his last address because he will leave the Whitehouse peacefully.  Unfortunately, he may choose to suspend the Constitution, declare himself dictator for life, cancel the general elections, and never leave, thrusting our nation into a bloody civil war.  With that wonderful thought, thanks for reading.

No comments: