Friday, January 15, 2016

January 14, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 39:1-8

apologize for this late post.  Yesterday’s Bible study was Isaiah 39:1-8.  This is short passage, which reveals Hezekiah’s selfishness.

  1. What is the main point of this passage? God rebukes King Hezekiah for showing the temple and kingdom treasures to the Babylonians.  He proves what a poor leader he was because he did not apply God’s rebuke to his life.  Hezekiah is happy that the judgment to befall Israel and Judah for his actions will not affect his life, but will horrifically impact his children’s.  What he did is similar to what Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) has done to America.  He has created a soon to be greater than $20 trillion federal government debt, with $120 trillion of unfunded liabilities.  This will place our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren in financial slavery, and BHO does not appear to care.  Now by his behavior, we understand what BHO defines as progress – enslavement of the American people.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  God chooses to be merciful to Hezekiah – why is beyond my comprehension.  I would not have been gracious to Hezekiah but I still have much to learn about God’s unconditional love.
  3. What insights can I apply to my life?  I must repent of being judgmental of people – even those of the past – who sin in other ways than I do.  LORD, Jesus, help me prove that I am your disciple by showing Your loving-kindness to others.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  I must maintain an eternal perspective.  Hezekiah had to temporal perspective.  He demonstrated by his behavior he was concerned with his life only, never concerned with others.
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  Our friend whose son is in critical condition is being pressured to make a final decision.  Father, I ask that You intervene and provide an answer to a potentially eternal decision.  If only our nation would embrace the sanctity of human life over pragmatism and convenience.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: