Saturday, January 09, 2016

January 9, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 35:1-10

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 35:1-10.  This is a great passage filled with encouragement for the believer.  I recommend reading the entire passage and take a moment to rejoice in the LORD.

  1. What is the main point of this passage?  Verses 1 through 10 describe God’s coming glorious kingdom.  Verse 3 commands believers to encourage the exhausted and strengthen the feeble with the Good News that the LORD will fulfill His promises.  The rest of the verses describe what life will be like under His governance.  None of His enemies will live in His Kingdom.  There will not be any illegal aliens in the Kingdom of God.  He alone grants citizenship.  We can have our heavenly citizenship today by repenting of our sins (as He defines them – not the world’s definitions) and placing our faith and trust for salvation in Jesus.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  He desires to show us His glory and majesty (verse 2), and He alone is our salvation (verse 4).
  3. What insights can I apply to my life?  The scriptures encourage believers in many passages.  If I look at the world, it is easy to become discouraged.  This passage reminds me to keep my focus on Jesus.  He is faithful to fulfill His word.  He can and will provide strength for today and hope for the future.  That’s why I call this blog, “Future and Hope,” based on Jeremiah 29:11.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  This passage reminds me of a praise and worship song my, “Glory Barn,” friends used to sing, often. “Therefore the Redeemed of the LORD shall return and come with singing unto Zion and everlasting joy will be upon their heads…”
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  Cheer up believers.  Our God reigns.
Thanks for reading.                  

No comments: