Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Unconditional Love

Good Morning: As I looked at today’s passage, I wondered what Ezra read from the Holy Scriptures that could move people to such open emotional displays. It is only speculation on my part, but I suspect that they heard and God granted them understanding of what we see in Deuteronomy, Chapter 7, verses 6 through 9. It was God who fixed His affection upon the people and they did absolutely nothing to earn his love. I know when I consider His unconditional and faithful love; His love affects me in more ways than I can explain. I write these simple messages, but I know that I can never adequately express the wonder of His love.

Bible Study, Nehemiah 8:1-12
What is the main point? The Word of God is read to the people. When presented in a public forum, the Word of God blesses the people. Some were moved to tears. Others recognized that they experienced a Holy moment worthy of worship and celebration.
What does God reveal about Himself? He received their worship. I believe their varied response is evidence that they sensed His presence.
What insights into my life? This passage is personal encouragement to me to maintain this daily Bible study. When I look back over the passed thirty-four years since Jesus apprehended my life, His encouragement to study His Word has been the greatest aid He’s given to keep me on track and useful for His service.
How can I honor God with this information? Reading and studying God’s Word is the best way I know how to be prepared to introduce people to Jesus, the most important work I can perform in this life.
Where is God working today? My department will engage in a team building effort today. I pray that I will be used effectively by Jesus to help my co-workers understand each other so that we can work more effectively together. Hopefully, God will provide opportunities for me to share His love for people today.

No comments: