Monday, April 04, 2005

Thank God It's Monday

Good Morning: This weekend was eventful. Our family and friends were busy and I could not find any time to write. Looking forward, I believe I will need to plan my time better.

Today’s helpful Bible study practice adds one of the most important steps, personal application. After prayer, careful reading of the Bible passage, reflection on what you have read, consideration of other readings, commentaries, and insights received from other Christians and more contemplation about what God is saying to you, then, apply what God has taught you from the passage to the circumstances of your life – situations at work, home, school, or church. Allow the Holy Spirit to take what you have learned to change you to be more like Jesus.

Bible Study, Ezra 5:1-17
What is the main point?
In Chapter 4 we saw how God’s enemies plotted to use legal means to stop the work of God. In this chapter, we see courageous men inspired by the spoken word of God motivated to continue rebuilding the temple in the face of deadly opposition.
What does God reveal about Himself? God knows the schemes of His enemies. He knows how to combat their false accusations with truth, and He inspires His people to act in obedience to His command no matter what the cost.
What insights into my life? It is important for me to remember that there are at least two sides to every story. In Chapter 4 the enemies of God present false accusations, which are not challenged. Consequently, the legal system of that day gave a victory for God’s enemies. In this chapter, God encourages His people to present a rebuttal based on truth. Accordingly, they move forward with fulfilling God’s command.
How can I honor God with this information? I have a customer that is making an unreasonable demand on my company. We have a meeting scheduled with this customer to discuss the matter. I must listen carefully to all points of view and prayerfully, God will grant me His wisdom to make a sound decision that will benefit both companies.
Where is God working today? I pray that God will give me humble spirit to hear the issues we will confront today. I pray that reasonable minds will reach an equitable agreement.

No comments: