Saturday, April 23, 2005

Passover

Good Morning: Why is this night different from all other nights? This question will be asked in Jewish homes tonight all across the world as the children of Israel celebrate the Lord’s Passover. I believe every follower of Yeshua (Jesus) should experience a Passover Seder in as close to its traditional form. The object lessons God teaches through this experience will give believers a greater appreciation for what Yeshua accomplished for them and they will never look at the celebration of communion quiet the same. That I believe is the answer to the question. This night we appreciate the salvation of our God.


Bible Study, Nehemiah 6:15-19
What is the main point? In this short passage a great statement is found in verse 16. Those that had opposed the work of God “lost their confidence; for they recognized that this work has been accomplished with the help of our God.”
What does God reveal about Himself? He responds to His enemies, not with His wrath, but with a demonstration of His blessing to those who obey Him. He demonstrates mercy too vast to comprehend to those that hate Him.
What insights into my life? Tonight is Passover. As a Jewish man, it is my duty to celebrate this most important Feast of Israel. I conduct an annual Seder using the traditional symbols, activities, and foods and show how they point to Yeshua and His redemptive work. I pray that those who participate will recognize Messiah in this work for the Lord this very different night.
How can I honor God with this information? I want all the work that I do, no matter what it is, to glorify my God and King, my Lord and Savior, the Holy One of Israel, Yeshua.
Where is God working today? I pray that He prepares the hearts and minds of the Seder participants to see Yeshua and to praise Him for the great work of salvation that He did for me and for all of us.

No comments: