Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Everyone is Welcome in God’s Kingdom!

Good Afternoon: Today’s message is going to be real short. I can’t believe how busy (being under Satan’s yoke) life has become.

Bible Study, Ezra 6:13-22
What is the main point? This passage is one of those golden nuggets found in scripture. Verses 16 through 22 show that worshiping God is not exclusive to the children of Israel. Look at verse 16 carefully, and notice the phrase, “and the rest of the exiles.” I wonder if the phrase used there and stated differently later more than once is an indication that gentiles were included in the building, dedication of the Temple, and celebration of Passover?
What does God reveal about Himself? I believe God is letting us know that everyone that seeks Him is welcome in His Kingdom. Also, I believe He expects His followers to practice inclusiveness instead of exclusiveness.
What insights into my life? I pray that God will expose any inappropriate exclusive attitudes that I am unaware of and that He will grant me His grace to repent of this potentially harmful and offensive character.
How can I honor God with this information? God will probably give me many opportunities (even today) to choose between exclusive or inclusive behavior. I pray that He will grant me His wisdom to know when each is appropriate and that my attitude will please Him.
Where is God working today? I had to change this paragraph. As soon as I got to work, I was pounded with customer demands. I could have become defensive, but thanks to God for preparing me with His Word this morning. God never ceases to amaze me how practical and applicable is His Word.

No comments: