Friday, April 22, 2005

Faithful Government Leaders

Good Morning: I wrote two days ago that those who uphold Godly righteousness must expect opposition. History teaches us that God will allow even evil people who would lead millions to self destruction an opportunity to Govern. When He does, it allows those who are willing to embrace truth to see a clear distinction between good and evil. This clarity is necessary because natural men and women do not have Godly wisdom and discernment to know the difference. Many of our Governing Leaders are faithfully attempting to execute their duties, while others oppose and obstruct. I’ve heard the unfaithful ones cry out for compromise. Compromise has only led to further frustration. Then, the smear campaigns began with vial hatred spewing from their hearts. Now, they have caused many to fall away and become unfaithful traitors of their trust. All that I know to do is pray for the salvation of their immortal souls, because those that lead have a higher responsibility before the King of the Universe to govern His people with justice and mercy. It is time for our leaders to stop talking and act.

Bible Study, Nehemiah 6:1-14
What is the main point? The enemies of God and His people will try and stop the plan and purpose of God through: compromise, slander, and treachery. These very tactics are being employed by malcontent members of our legislative branches of Government today.
What does God reveal about Himself? He gave strength, resolve, and wisdom to His servant. Nehemiah avoided being tricked, trapped, frightened, and destroyed.
What insights into my life? I can see Nehemiah’s faithfulness to the plan and purpose of God. I want to be known as a faithful servant of the Lord. I hope I hear Jesus say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant! Enter into the joy of my Kingdom.” I believe that our Governing officials would behave honorably if they held this same desire in their hearts.
How can I honor God with this information? I choose this day to act in a manner that reflects faithfulness, to God and His Word, my wife, family, friends, and co-workers. I will stand firm for what I know is right. Today, I will call and write Congress and demand that they stop this filibuster folly and act as the representatives of the American people, not their global-ism ideology. I often wonder if those that would transform us back to a European culture, have forgotten, or simply never knew what it means to be an American, a fiercely independent person who loves liberty and who balances freedom with personal responsibility.
Where is God working today? We need a strategy balanced with faithfulness to what we already know to be right and the truth. If we do, I believe God shows us in this passage that He will sustain us and encourage us to complete the task He’s assigned to us.

No comments: