Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Hidden Truth

Good Morning: Time keeps flying by so I am praying that God will set my priorities and grant me His wisdom and discernment to know when I am being pushed and pulled by the tyranny of the urgent.

Today's helpful Bible study practice is the last step, which is a repeat of the first. Pray again. This time, turn the things you have learned into prayer. Thank God for His greatness and love. Confess your sins to Him. Remember the needs of others. Adore the Lord in His beauty. Go forth to serve Him humbly and with great joy.

Bible Study, Ezra 6:1-12
What is the main point? The investigation recommended in chapter 5 refutes the allegation raised in chapter 4. The work of God is vindicated and the people are now free to carry out God's command. In this case, God worked a quiet miracle and simply unveiled the truth of the matter.
What does God reveal about Himself? God knows where to find the hidden truth. He is able to bring something hidden in darkness or obscurity into the open light of His truth. He is able to grant us His revelation knowledge and understanding, which in my opinion helps me humble myself before Him, and it is much greater than acquired knowledge, which causes me to be filled with pride.
What insights into my life? My daily work requires that I keep accurate records. Here is a practical example of why keeping good records can solve a critical - potential life or death - problem. This reminds me that Terri Schiavo's life might have been spared if a written document existed that declared her true intentions.
How can I honor God with this information? Today, my company will unveil a new software tool that should provide an easy, central repository for maintaining contract records. I hope this will be the case. I won't really know until I've worked with it, but I remain hopeful.
Where is God working today? I pray that I have a supportive attitude because I want my company succeed. More importantly, I don't want to join with the many who pretend to be enlightened, but only spread negative attitudes toward change. I confess, I have been the instigator of these rebellious attitudes before, many times.

No comments: