Thursday, April 14, 2005

God’s Record Keeping

Good Evening: I finished the book of Ezra this morning. I find it interesting that this last chapter ends so differently than so many other books in the Bible. God commands His people to live a separated life, not intermingled with the ways of world. I have listened to the political arguments put forth by the lying Democratic Party leaders. They claim that they are protecting the interests of the people, but they only have one interest at heart, power, and how to get it back. It is time for the leaders in the Republican Party to act. The Democrats have declared war on our own nation and if we don’t stop them, they will destroy this nation. As in Ezra’s day, it is time to take the roll call and find out who is for us and who is against us in the fight to place judges on the Federal bench that will uphold the Constitution of the United States, not rip it to shreds by letting in blow in the wind of their rhetoric.


Bible Study, Ezra 10:1-44
What is the main point? Living a Godly life is a separated life. There are times when we have to give up, or separate ourselves from those that we think we love in order to please, love, and serve God. This is not an act that should be considered lightly, but given to prayer to hear if this is God’s will. Those that had disobeyed the Lord are named by name. It is unclear if these men truly repented but if is significant that their names are recorded as if they did. We need a recording of our Senators’ names so that we can know where they stand.
What does God reveal about Himself? He takes our oaths seriously, and He expects us to obey His commands and revealed will. If He didn’t spare His chosen people when they sinned, what makes us Americans, who have been so richly blessed by His love and grace, to think that we might be exempt from God’s loving discipline for our national transgressions? We forget that God is a perfect record keeper as exemplified by this passage.
What insights into my life? The older I get the harder it is to live a separated life. I confess that admire Pope John Paul II. He seemed to live a completely separated life to God. I am entangled with so many things and people in this world; I think I am both in the world and of it. Jesus clearly commanded His followers to be in the world, but not of it. The names recorded in this book of the Bible are recorded as an example that God keeps records, but these recorded names in God’s Word are not as important as having our names written in the Lamb’s Book of Life (Rev 21:27).
How can I honor God with this information? I am now asking God to set me free from my entanglements, to show me the things I need to separate from, and to what I need to cling to such as His eternal Words of Life.
Where is God working today? I pray that God will grant me His vision to see where He is working this day so that I may join with him. I pray for courage to write and call my Senators and ask them to give an accounting for the trust that we the people of the United States have entrusted to them. I expect them to fulfill their promise to act, not go to lunch.

No comments: