Thursday, April 07, 2005

How blessed is the Man!

Good Afternoon - Again: It is getting harder and harder to get this written in the morning. I pray that God will grant me strength today because I am sneezing heavily. I really enjoy Spring. Unfortunately, it is allergy season for me, and the pollens have invaded.

Bible Study, Ezra 7:1-10
What is the main point? This passage records events many years after the temple restoration. Ezra finally makes the trip from Babylon to Jerusalem. The scripture doesn’t tell us why it took him so long to make the journey. It does show that Ezra is a direct descendent from Israel’s first High Priest, Aaron. The key verse is six, God grants Ezra favor. It is too easy to draw a conclusion that because Ezra studies and applied God’s Word that God was obliged to show favor to Ezra. The opposite is true. It is the grace of God (His unmerited favor) that inspires study and personal application of His Word. From gratefulness and recognition that God did not have to show grace and mercy to anyone, least of all me, that I desire to learn as much as I can about the One who loves me with everlasting and ever-faithful love.
What does God reveal about Himself? He chooses when He intervenes in the affairs of men. He keeps track of His people, and at His appointed time, He fulfills His promises to His people.
What insights into my life? Ezra is a man worth emulating. In this passage, I see a practical example of the blessing expressed in Psalm 1:1-3.
How can I honor God with this information? I am blessed. I cannot believe that I consistently receive His grace and mercy. I choose this day to reflect this truth. If I fail, I know that He has fixed His affection on me and that I can come to Him for His peaceful correction, instruction, and encouragement.
Where is God working today? I can expect God’s blessings because it is His nature and character to be gracious. He blesses His undeserving people each new day. Just knowing that my Father, my Lord, my God, my King, my Savior, and my Redeemer loves me is enough to fill me with great joy! I pray that I share His love today.

No comments: