Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Keep Building

Good Morning: I have been so busy that I haven’t been able to post any of my daily Bible study notes for many days. At first I felt very guilty, but I then I remembered things that God has taught me in His word and realized that He is in control. So, today’s study is a reminder that whatever we put our hand to do for Christ, we have to expect opposition.

Bible Study, Nehemiah 4:1-23
What is the main point? Opposition to God, His people, and His purpose will always come from various directions until He puts an end to the conflict. We, His people, need to be aware, on guard, watchful, and prepared to fight.
What does God reveal about Himself? He frustrated the plans of His enemies. He worked beyond the builders and caused confusion and fear in the hearts and minds of our physical enemies. I believe He does this to our spiritual enemies too.
What insights into my life? One of the things I pray about each day is that God will frustrate and confuse the plans of our enemies, both foreign and domestic. Another attack on our nation is likely to occur as soon as we let our guard down. I pray that we as a people will be like the builder/warriors of Nehemiah’s day.
How can I honor God with this information? We begin contract negotiations today. I need to listen carefully to our discussions and I pray that I will be sensitive to God’s plan and purpose in this task. The relationships established are more important to Him. So, I pray that I will be His ambassador as well as my company’s representative.
Where is God working today? I pray that He will continue to build the relationship between my customer, my co-workers, and myself just as He helped the builders restore the walls of Jerusalem.

No comments: