Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 54:1-17. Americans For Prosperity (AFP) interviewed me for a field office manager’s position. As a retired person praying and seeking God for what He wants me to do that would be meaningful, I hope they select me for the job.
Tonight, we will see what Iowa decides. If the Democrats select Bernie Sanders, it will tell me that our nation is adopting socialism as the utopia solution. I am convinced the useful idiots who vote for socialism must be unaware of its inherent and historically devastating evils. Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC), liberty’s public enemy number 1 remains at large. I guess I will never understand why Democrats want her to be above the law.
For the other party, I hope Dr. Ben Carson places in the top five. If so, he still has an outside chance.
- What is the main point of this passage? In verses 1 through 3, God declares through Isaiah even the barren women of Israel will rejoice because Israel will have an uncountable number of children. This passage is personal to me because I used it during my Jewish mother’s funeral. When she passed, I spoke of her love for my older brother and me. Her first two sons were stillborn. She adopted my older brother, and then she expanded her tent three years later to adopt me, something she did not have to do. God orchestrated, she chose, and I am a blessed man because of her. In verses 4 through 8, God promises to redeem His seemly forsaken wife, Israel, because of His covenant with her. In verses 9 and 10, God promises He will never again forsake Israel, just like He promised Noah never to destroy the earth with water. We can look at a rainbow and remember both promises. This passage is another refuting replacement theology. In verses 11 through 17, God promises full restoration, which continues to this day. Anyone who resists Israel’s restoration, God is not motivating them (see verses 15 and 17). If anyone embraces replacement theology, I would re-think that position.
- What does God reveal about Himself? God declares His undying love for Israel. It is clear He has not replaced Israel with the church. Israel is Israel; the church is the church. They are both beloved of God, but they have distinct missions. Israel preserves the written word of God. The church spreads the salvation message embodied in the Word of God – Jesus.
- What insights can I apply to my life? We will see the Iowa results tonight. If Bernie Sanders wins, we have a serious problem in America. Socialism is an evil, which must be exposed. Maybe, God will use me with AFP to expose this evil.
- How can I use this passage to honor God? I believe there are two things I can do with this passage. One use my blog to expose the evils of socialism, and secondly, I will continue to expose the evils of replacement theology.
- Where is God working in my life today? The snow continues to fall (over 24 hours). He sends the storms of life to cause us to cease our work and think of Him, even if it is for a short while.