Saturday, February 06, 2016

February 6, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 59:1-21

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 59:1-21.  With all the hype of Super Bowl 50, I know it is easy to forget
about reading God’s word.  However, as I get deeper into Isaiah’s work, I receive deeper convictions from the Holy Spirit regarding my negative attitudes toward the occupier-of-the Whitehouse (BHO), Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC), and the governor of Colorado, John Hickenlooper (JH).  I must remember, I am a sinner saved by God’s grace, and I cannot throw any judgmental stones.  He has called me to be a minister of His reconciliation.

  1. What is the main point of this passage? Verse 1 is worth memorizing and keeping in my toolbox for dealing with life’s circumstances.  Then, verse 2 brings new conviction.  I’ve said it before, if the Holy Spirit convicts my soul any deeper, I should turn myself in to the nearest jail for violating God’s holy law and demeaning His marvelous grace.  I know I haven’t shed innocent blood (verses 6 & 7) like an abortionist.  I support ON LINE FOR LIFE, which works feverously to save the lives of the Pre-Born.  But,
    have I spoken falsehoods, have I muttered wickedness?  Yes.  So, it should be no surprise that I do not see justice for the well-connected political class (verses 9 through 15a), and truth seems to have vanished from American culture.  God then adds to his statement in verse 1, by providing in verse 15b through 20 examples that He sees, He knows, and He will bring swift judgment upon practiced evildoers.  For those who love His appearing, the Redeemer will come to Zion.  We know Jesus fulfilled verse 20.  The chapter ends with a glorious promise in verse 21.  This too is worth memorizing.  Almighty God has placed His Spirit in me – amazing, unbelievable, but true.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  God wants His people to know and live by this truth – He will never leave us nor forsake us.  Amen!
  3. What insights can I apply to my life? Jesus’ complete work on the cross is why I am not sitting in God’s maximum-security eternal prison for my sins.  He has acquitted my sin and set me free.  What makes me question His hiring skills; He has made me an ambassador for the Kingdom of God.  I know if He sends me to a dangerous outpost, He won’t leave me for dead (like BHO and HRC).  He will rescue me spiritually, even if I die physically.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  When I teach at this year’s Colorado Christian Writers’ Conference (CCWC), I pray that I always remember issues are important but
    CCWC
    temporal.  The LORD’s offer of redemption to all people is the ultimate issue and eternal.  Knowing my name is securely written in the Lamb’s book of life is critical to being an effective minister of His reconciliation.
     
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  Both Mary and I are fighting colds.  Please pray for God to extend His healing touch to our lives.  We want health restored so we can serve Him.
As I wrote yesterday, I said I would provide information regarding Americans for Prosperity
AFP-Colorado 6 For 16
Foundation (AFP) of Colorado’s promotion of 6 policy measures with the 2016 Colorado legislature.  The first issue is critical to Colorado.  It is to preserve and protect the Tax Payers’ Bill of Rights.  25 years ago, Coloradans voted and approved this law.  It prevents the state and local governments from raising taxes (legalized theft) without putting the tax measure before the people for a vote, recognizing the peoples’ right to choose.  JH is doing everything within his power to erode this law.  Not only do Coloradans want to protect this law, I think every state and the federal government should have the same.  Can you imagine how much more efficient our federal government would have to function if it could not raise taxes (steal our wealth) without putting it to a vote?


Thanks for reading and praying.         

No comments: