Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 55:1-13. The Iowa caucus is over. The Clinton lying machine claims victory when the math shows a statistical 50/50 split. It is still snowing here. The ground is whiter than Bernie Sanders’ hair. Isn’t it hypocritical of the young left? I remember young Democrats angrily criticizing the Republicans as old, white, rich guys. Who are they voting for, an old, white, rich guy. The other Democrats are voting for an ancient, wrinkled, law-breaking, Botox-supported, fat-white woman who never wears a dress. If this fails to meet someone’s standard of a meek and mild Christian, I say tough. I’m going to tell the truth regarding these two anti-American followers of Saul Alinsky and/or Karl Marx.
Ted Cruz won the Republican race, but not without controversy. His ground supporters spread a false witness that Dr. Ben Carson dropped out of the race and that any vote for Dr. Carson would be wasted. Consequently, they pulled support away from Dr. Carson, who placed fourth. If Mr. Cruz wants to give God the glory for the victory, he needs to make sure it resulted from morally excellent behavior; otherwise he defames God’s Holy name and character. I don’t think Dr. Carson would have placed higher than fourth, but without this last minute rumor, Donald Trump probably would have won the night. Regardless, the establishment candidates failed to finish in the top five. It is time for Jeb Bush and John Kasich to join Mike Huckabee and drop out of the race.
- What is the main point of this passage? In verses 1 through 5, the prophet gives us a description of what the Messiah will offer – His salvation to the entire world if they repent. He even extends His forgiving hand to Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC). We know from the gospels, Jesus fulfilled this passage by feeding thousands and gave living water to a known sinner. In verses 6 through 13, God declares His offer of salvation to all people (including HRC), and He restates His promise that what He has promised, He will fulfill. He has a plan. He is executing His plan. And, He will complete His plan according to His will, for His purpose, and on His time schedule.
- What does God reveal about Himself? He desires to save all who are willing to repent of their sins, place their trust in Him, and live for Him a godly life for the rest of their days.
- What insights can I apply to my life? I have to leave final judgments in His capable hands. But Jesus taught His disciples that we shall know people by their fruits. In modern language, their behavior never lies. I’ve been watching HRC’s behavior for close to 25 years. As a trained threat analyst, I see serious problems with her behavior. For example, she claims to be a champion for women. There are many recorded facts that contradict her assertions. But, what I’ve observed is her repeated disrespect for men. Based on her husband’s behavior, her attitude toward men may be warranted. However, she has oft-stated all of the Republican male candidates are buffoons. They are accomplished men. She has given speeches, logged frequent flyer miles, and lied to the families of those who died in Benghazi.
- How can I use this passage to honor God? This passage makes God’s intentions clear. He is willing to forgive anyone’s transgressions, even HRC’s. Since He is ready to forgive, I must be also. I would like to see fruit of one’s repentance, but that might be for His eyes only.
- Where is God working in my life today? The snow continues to fall (over 48 hours). It took me over 3 hours to clear our rather standard two-car wide driveway and front sidewalk. God helped me get this task done without having a third heart attack. I have class tonight with Americans For Prosperity (AFP). We are studying how to effectively confront the left’s political machine. Father, I pray for our instructor, and for those in the class. Help us learn what You want and what we need. In Jesus name, amen.