Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 12, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 64:1-12

Last Friday’s Bible study was Isaiah 64:1-12.  Thursday, I began the orientation process for a new, part-time job.  Although the position requires 20 hours of my time each week, I am having difficulty finding time to type my daily Bible study comments.  I hope as I grow into the job and organization, I will better manage my time to include regular blog posts.  Until then, I want to apologize to my regular readers for there will be gaps between posts on my blog page.

  1. What is the main point of this passage? This passage reminds me that I am a sinner and even my best behavior is nothing more than filthy rags.  I normally don’t need to be reminded of this; however, this scripture provides an extra degree of clarity.  And because of my sins, I will wither away like a leaf on a tree.  The prophet then asks a reasonable question.  If I am a sinner, how can I be saved?  To answer this question, the prophet turns to acknowledge God as Father.  The prophet lets his hearers know, God, as a Father, will not remain angry with His children forever.  God will provide salvation for those who wait, or trust, in Him.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself? As much as I would like God to make a grand display of His glory, He has shown me that He alone is my salvation.  I must choose to trust in Him.
  3. What insights can I apply to my life? Every new day brings a fresh choice.  I haven’t had breakfast and I already sinned.  I am grateful that I can go to Jesus in prayer, confess my sin and trust Him for He is faithful and just to forgive and restore.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  I need to repent of my attitude toward the political left because I look at their wickedness and it seems they get away with evil behavior, everyday.  I am not the judge – He is.  I need to behave and trust.
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  I am looking forward to growing and making the most of this new opportunity God has provided.
Thanks for reading and praying.

No comments: