The presidential race seems to be between total government domination and control, less individual liberty, much higher taxes, and deeper debt (aka, Democrat Socialism) against less government intrusion, greater economic choice, and individual liberty. Socialism kills a person’s right to choose. It always has and it always will. It disguises its false narrative of choice behind a mantra of taking away choice for the common good. The choice is yours America. I choose liberty the true freedom of choice.
- What is the main point of this passage? In verses 1 through 5, the LORD declares His love for Jerusalem. He proclaims a future time when it will be respected because of what He does for, through, and to her. He will abundantly bless Israel and Jerusalem so the nations and rulers will know He is God and He has made His choice. I believe verses 6 through 9 are partly fulfilled. I know people who pray for the peace of Jerusalem on a regular basis. Also, we see the produce Israel sells to other European nations and other parts of the world. Having seen the land’s production first hand, God is blessing His people, land, and city. Verses 10 through 12 foretell of the triumphant entry into Jerusalem by the Savior. We know Jesus fulfilled this passage on His way to completing His work of salvation for all who will believe.
- What does God reveal about Himself? Almighty God is not ashamed to declare His love for His people, His land, and His city. As the sovereign King of the Universe, this is something He does not have to do. However, as a sovereign king, He has made known to the world His selection. What does God reveal about Himself? Almighty God is not ashamed to declare His love for His people, His land, and His city. As the sovereign King of the Universe, this is something He does not have to do. However, as a sovereign king, He has made known to the world His selection.
- What insights can I apply to my life? Since God has expressed His love and affection for the Jewish people, the nation of Israel, and the holy city of Jerusalem, I choose to demonstrate my allegiance to Jesus by supporting what He loves. That is why I support the Joshua Fund.
- How can I use this passage to honor God? No matter where I stand, I choose to stand with Israel.
- Where is God working in my life today? God is providing great weather for us today in the middle of winter. I chose to take a long walk and spend that time in personal prayer, praise, and worship to the Holy One of Israel. God is good. Amen!