Thursday, February 04, 2016

February 4, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 57:1-21

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 57:1-21.  The world will little note nor long remember the passing of a righteous man, but God will.  Moreover, He takes note of the behavior and product of an evil man or woman.  As much as I want Hillary Rodham Clinton to be indicted for her breach of national security, I have to leave it in God’s hands.  I know He takes notes of my transgressions, too.  This whole passage describes how evildoers think they are hidden from God.  If they assume He does not exist, they will be surprised when He exposes their wrongs and makes open shame of them.

  1. What is the main point of this passage? I must admit I’m confused by verses 1 through 10.  God declares He sees and knows what immoral evil men and women are thinking and doing.  Yet, He seems to commend one who keeps going when times got tough.  Verses 11 through 13 give us a comparison and contrast between the ungodly and the righteous.  And finally, in verses 14 through 21 God continues to compare and contrast godly people against wicked ones, and He declares He will not remain angry with His people, forever.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  He shows His anger emotion, but He also has His anger under control.  We haven’t seen His wrath and if we did, we wouldn’t survive.
  3. What insights can I apply to my life? I am so grateful that Jesus paid my sin penalty.  I know I demand godly behavior of myself, but I fall short everyday.  I know Jesus sees everything I do and He searches my heart, gut, and mind for ungodly attitudes.  I’m glad He does not deal with all of my failings at once.  One at a time is hard enough.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  The men I study God’s word with challenge each other to walk upright before Jesus and each other.  It is good to be accountable to brothers-in-Christ who encourage moral excellence.
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  God has opened a door for me.  I am grateful for the new opportunity to serve.  I started volunteering for and with Americans for Prosperity Foundation.  We met with our Colorado State Legislators today to promote 6 policy initiatives.  It was an engaging and thoughtful debate.
Thanks for reading and praying.                  

No comments: