Wednesday, February 03, 2016

February 3, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 56:1-12

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 56:1-12.  I believe God has ordered my steps.  It is almost too much to believe. He provides in unusual ways.  To God be the glory.  Father, strengthen my heart so I may better serve You.

  1. What is the main point of this passage? In verses 1 through 5, God through the prophet declares He expects His people to preserve justice and behave with righteousness – something our government fails to do.  In our culture today, self-proclaimed know-it-alls pervert justice.  For example, they allow someone like Hillary Rodham Clinton, a well-connected member of the political class, to roam freely.  Further, the political class continues to thrive on unjust taxation and evil practices. I am grateful this is the only Heaven they will know, because, unless they repent and turn away from their practiced wickedness, they will not enter the Kingdom of God.  I am glad the LORD includes the gentiles as His people in this passage, and in verses 6 through 8, He includes those who cannot have children (a reproach to that culture) as His people.  Jesus fulfilled verse 7 when He overturned the moneychangers’ tables in the temple.  In verses 9 through 12, the LORD condemns those false leaders who use their positions for power for unjust gain.  I believe this condemnation applies to the political class in our time.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  Once again, He offers His salvation to all people, and He desires to grant the privilege to serve Him to anyone who chooses to call upon the name of the LORD for salvation.
  3. What insights can I apply to my life? God expects me to behave with the highest standards of moral excellence (holiness).  His desire is for all people to behave this way, but it is reasonable for Him to expect it of me.  Therefore, I choose this day to represent Him in all that I think and do.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  I choose this day to pursue moral excellence (holiness).
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  I need to finish shoveling the snow.  Also, I need to study and prepare to meet with our Colorado legislatures, tomorrow.  Father, in the name of Jesus, grant me wisdom and understanding, according to Your word so that I represent You well, tomorrow.
Thanks for reading and praying.               

No comments: