Monday, February 08, 2016

February 8, 2016 Bible Study – Isaiah 60:1-22

Today’s Bible study is Isaiah 60:1-22.  I have to say, “Wow!”  The Denver Broncos won Super Bowl 50!  The team proved the time tested football truth – Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships.  As a long time Bronco fan, even when I lived in other states, I am grateful for their success.  I’m also glad I didn’t have a third heart attack.  The defense won the game for the entire team.  The special teams did their part and the offensive unit did just enough to overcome their mistakes.  The Carolina Panthers team is excellent.  They will learn from this and they will be play in a future Super Bowl.  But the Broncos earned last night’s victory.

  1. What is the main point of this passage? I know this passage is a promise to Israel regarding a glorious future time, but the first three verses felt like they applied to Bronco Country this morning.  I often say, I have never felt a feeling I can trust, but it sure feels better this morning than it did two years ago, when the Seattle Seahawks embarrassed the Broncos.  Anyway, verse 6b sounds like it comes right out of the gospel accounts regarding the birth of Jesus and verse 7 sounds like the day when Jesus entered the temple.  Verses 10 through 14 are partly fulfilled.  Today, Jerusalem is open to all nations friendly to Israel.  Several of the nations, which afflicted God’s people, are no more. Those who hate her and want her destroyed attack Israel.  They have not bowed to the Holy One of Israel, yet.  Verses 15 through 22 foretell of a time when all Israel – from the least to the greatest – will know their Redeemer, Jesus.  When Mary and I visited, the growing number of Messianic followers of Yeshua impressed us.
  2. What does God reveal about Himself?  Jesus is the LORD of every person’s life, whether or not they acknowledge His as such.
  3. What insights can I apply to my life? This passage encourages me to visit Israel, again.  I must pray and seek God if it is His will for Mary and I to make a second trip to the land He loves.
  4. How can I use this passage to honor God?  There are many organizations that support Israel.  If interested, I recommend Joel C. Rosenberg’s Joshua Fund.
  5. Where is God working in my life today?  Tonight, I will attend Colorado Christian University’s, Centennial Institute’s Issues MondayCentennial Institute's Issues Monday.  The topic tonight is in concert with American’s For ProsperityAmerican's For Prosperity’s economic freedom thrust.
Thanks for reading and praying.

No comments: