Tuesday, March 22, 2005

March 22, 2005

Good morning! This morning I woke to find that our justice system let Terri Schiavo down. I am disgusted but not surprised at the evil of man, done in the name of law-and-order. I can’t believe Judge Wittemore danced around the issue (see Hugh Hewitt.com). We live in a time when the United States of America can pick up where Nazi Germany left off. I spoke with a man bound in a wheel chair. He said, “If they let Terri die, I fear I’m next.” I wonder if his fears are justified.

Today's Bible Study: Luke 23:13-25

What is the main point? The nature of man sides with rebellion and killing (the people chose Barabbas – an insurrectionist and murder instead of their Savior, Jesus). I see a clear comparison between the unregenerate heart of man and the purity of God. Mankind left to our will takes pleasure in killing innocent life. I can hear (figuratively) the cheers of our enlightened liberal angels of death that think they are doing the right thing letting Terri Schiavo be cruelly tortured to death.
What does God reveal about Himself? He lets evil have its own way so that His word is fulfilled. Without the death of Jesus, no one would ever come to know the One and only true living God.
What insights into my life? Jesus was declared innocent and was crucified for my sin. I pray that I would not be one of today’s crowd that cries, “Let Terri die!” One of my historical heroes, Abraham Lincoln was murdered on Good Friday 140 yeas ago. Now, Terri could pass away on Good Friday. I wonder if this is God's plan?
How do I honor God with this information? It may be too late, but I think it is time to fast as well as pray for Terri Schiavo. I hope my anger at this whole matter doesn’t cause me to stumble and forget to trust God.
Where is God working today? I became further aware that a great number of people do not know the key facts of this case. I recommend that you read today’s Citizen Link.

No comments: