Saturday, March 26, 2005

His Promises!

Good morning! Terri Schiavo is still alive today. Our black-robed tyrants seem to forget that they could exercise mercy and still follow the “rule-of-law.” A question remains unanswered, what harm is caused by letting Terri live (See Blogs for Terri)? These unaccountable despots demand that we show mercy (as we should) to Islamic terrorists who live to murder every American, Christian, and Jewish man, woman, and child wherever they find them, but we are ordered to show no mercy to a woman who can harm no one. I do think we need to consider seriously where this court sanctioned murder of an invalid will lead. Have we taken upon ourselves to once again define what is or is not human? Are we no better than Nazi Germany that legally killed anyone that didn’t measure up to their “Master Race” standards? If America continues to follow this path, where will it lead and who is executed next? Why not decree a people group, Christians for example, as mentally ill and in a form of a persistent vegetative state (PVS) and have them removed (see John 16:1-2)? Well, even if this happens, for those who believe that Jesus is who He says He is we have His promise of His coming Kingdom!

Book Review: I finished Hugh Hewitt’s book, “Blog” published by Nelson Books. It was inspiring, but my favorite Hugh Hewitt book is still “The Embarrassed Believer” published by Word Publishing. If not for Mr. Hewitt, I wouldn’t be writing now. "Blog" was just the encouragement I needed. I found the words that pushed me forward on page 142, as Mr. Hewitt asks the reader a series of pointed questions. It would be enough for me if someday any of my children read my opinions. Whether or not they ever appreciate them is between them and Almighty God!

March 26, 2005:
Bible Study: Luke 24:1-12
What is the main point? This passage teaches the simple truth that Jesus rose from the dead on the third day. There is no historical record refuting the evidence. We have greater assurance of Jesus’ resurrection than we have that George Washington was the first President of the United States of America, or that Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address. There are more recorded eye witnesses to the fact that Jesus is alive then there are witnesses to Terri Schiavo’s will regarding her desire to live or die. Isn’t it amazing how people will not examine the evidence? I guess an old saying is true that there are none so blind as those who will not see.
What does God reveal about Himself? His word is true, He can be trusted, and He fulfills His promises. We can rest assured that He will come again to take His Bride home. For those who are not ready, they will be surprised.
What insights into my life? I am ready now. Jesus could come back today. Whenever the rapture takes place (see I Corinthians 15:51-58, & I Thessalonians 4:13-18), I want to be able to say to those Left Behind, “Have a nice day!” Frankly, you are going to need it, because when Jesus removes His Church, He will leave no restraint of evil behind (consider II Thessalonians 2). I’ve tried to imagine what this world would be like with no restraint of evil, but it is too frightening when I consider how terrible things have already become. I am grateful that Jesus taught us that when we see these things happening, look up for His return is very soon (Matthew 24:33).
How do I honor God with this information? When I talk to anyone about the Terri Schiavo case, I want to stress the fact that this doesn’t take God by surprise. He is keeping perfect records of all the proceedings and He will judge rightly when each player in this drama stands before Him. I am confident that He will receive Terri because He is the only righteous and merciful judge, who perfectly balances the “rule-of-His-law” with His grace and mercy.
Where is God working today? I pray that God’s Holy Spirit will move across this nation and turn the hearts of many, especially Michael Schiavo, away from the rabid hatred against God and His truth, and embrace His value for all life.

No comments: