Monday, March 28, 2005

Jesus is The Teacher!

Good Monday Morning! Thank God it’s Monday. Our very best friends of more than twenty years, Jim & Joyce, were blessed with their first grandchild Easter Sunday. I am so grateful to our Lord, the author of all life, for granting new life at this time when so much of our nation’s attention is preoccupied with the tyrannical court ordered murder of Terri Schiavo as she hangs on to her life (See Blogs for Terri). I know many believe that her “husband” is the suffering saint in this drama, but starving a loved one to death just doesn’t make sense.

Starting tomorrow, I will provide Bible Study tips that readers might find helpful.

Bible Study, Luke 24:13-35:
What is the main point? This is one of my favorite passages. The two men received a wonderful teaching from The Teacher. Jesus chose the moment when and the method how He revealed Himself to them. I appreciate the way He engaged their thinking by asking them questions. He balances their faith with understanding.
What does God reveal about Himself? He chooses to whom, when, and how He reveals Himself to people. He used scripture to lay the foundation, encouraged them to participate with Him, then granted them understanding.
What insights into my life? I can trust that He will teach me what I need to know, when I need to know it. Even as I continue to ask Him for understanding regarding the Terri Schiavo case, I am confident that He will grant me understanding at the appointed time, if it is His will for me to have the revelation knowledge.
How can I honor God with this information? Trusting God is a way of showing Him respect. So, I will wait for Him to open my eyes when He chooses.
Where is God working today? He may have someone cross my path today and it is possible that He will use both of us to teach each other. This entire study reminds me of a very simple truth: If you tell me something, I will forget it. If you write it down, I might remember. If you get me involved, then, I will understand!

No comments: