Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday – Can we enter into His rest?

Good morning! Today is Good Friday. I am thankful that Jesus paid the full price for may sin. I thought that it must have been His desire for me to start writing my daily Bible Study Journal this Holy Week, and to reflect upon the parallels between His work and the work He is doing with all of us regarding Terri Schiavo’s case (See Blogs for Terri). I am grateful that people are taking sides because this is a very important issue. I hear people constantly projecting their opinion as to what Terri would want if they were in the same condition. They have forgotten that God is not indifferent to this situation and that He has a will regarding life. Rarely do I hear people voicing the words of Jesus, “Father, if Thou art willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Thine be done.” (Luke 22:42, NAS, emphasis mine)

March 25, 2005:
Bible Study: Luke 23:44-56

What is the main point? Jesus completes His mission and enters into rest. His mission was to make the way for God and man to be reconciled into a permanent relationship. Jesus paid the full penalty for my sin and all of mankind’s including those who have authorized the legal murder of Terri Schiavo. Therefore, the veil that separated man from God was torn apart. Jesus opened the door. Will we go into His Father’s house, a house full of compassion and mercy?
What does God reveal about Himself? He shows how desperately He wants to have a relationship with His children and to what lengths He will go to accomplish His will.
What insights into my life? As my personal relationship with Jesus matures and as I age naturally, God reveals more of His desire to have a close relationship with all of His children. I hope I don’t act like a foolish child and tell Him to stay out of my life, like so many children tell their natural parents. God is my life and all of life is about Him.
How do I honor God with this information? I pray that on this Good Friday, Terri Schiavo enters into God’s house and into the joy of His eternal rest.
Where is God working today? Father, teach me what You want me to know. Help me see Your hand in the passing of Terri Schiavo and cause Your children to think about that day when they must come before You, face-to-face. I am dependent on You. There is no other place I’d rather be than to walk by Your side, stand in Your presence, kneel at Your throne, or sit at Your feet.

No comments: