Saturday, March 19, 2005

March 19, 2005

Good morning! Last night I entered the blogosphere thanks to Hugh Hewitt’s first “Blogfest,” held in Denver, Colorado last night (see Hugh Hewitt.com & 710knus.com). I promised that I would provide my mission’s statement in my next posting. It is based on a Biblical World View and centers on two scriptures, Psalm 45:1, and Galatians 5:1. I am a “Jack-of-all-trades and a “master of none,” so I intend to write on a variety of subjects that surface from my daily Bible study. It is my sincere hope that these postings will be short, informative, accurate, and entertaining, with links to subject-matter experts. My only real claim to success is that Mary has stayed married to me for more than 32 years, and according to her testimony – happily! From this prospective, I write.

Missions Statement: I am the hand of a Ready Writer (Psalm 45:1) for the Lord. I will document His love for His people (Galatians 5:1), and proclaim the soon coming marriage supper of the Lamb of God. Postings will be based on my daily Bible study and will follow a consistent format. My hope is to encourage my readers to further personal study. It is time for His Bride to prepare herself for her Groom.

Bible Study: Luke 23:1-7
What is the main point? The false trial of Jesus continues. It moves from the religious forum to the civil leader, Pontius Pilate, because the temple leaders do not have authority to execute anyone. They falsely accuse Jesus of teaching people not to pay taxes. This is a lie compared to the Gospel accounts (see Matthew 20:20-21, Mark 12:16-17, and Luke 20:24-26). Pilate wants nothing to do with this matter because he does not want to be responsible for putting an innocent man to death. This has current event implication when I consider Terri Schiavo's case (radioblogger.com).
What does God reveal about Himself? The obvious answer is Jesus’ own answer to Pilate that He is the King of the Jews. I think He is showing us an example to be subject to God Almighty only and that we can trust Him to fulfill His plan and purpose, no matter what the cost in our perception.
What insights into my life? It is easy to say, “I am God’s servant.” But is this true if I rebel against those He’s appointed over my life? For example, how do I respond to my boss at work? Do I obey him, trusting God that He knows my situation better than I?
How do I honor God with this information? I may need to learn deeper reliance upon Jesus and His use of my life. Regarding Terri Schiavo, do I raise a call for civil disobedience against the Pilate of our day, Judge George Greer? Do I throw up my hands and say, “Trust God for the outcome? Maybe He has a higher purpose planned if Terri passes?” Or, do I work within our system of government to write or call congress to intervene?” Do I make a stand and cry, “Don’t let an innocent one die!” I don’t have a clear answer, but I chose to write and call congress (202-225-3121 - the House of Representatives and the Congressional switchboard, also see http://www.family.org/ and view “citizen link”). I added one more action and that is I am praying for God to intervene, for Terri, for her family, for the judge, or governmental leaders, and for Terri’s “husband” (in-name-only – in my opinion). Ultimately, I trust God that He will fulfill His purpose in this matter, no matter what the outcome.
Where is God working today? I pray that God will touch the hearts and minds of the key players in this Terri Schiavo drama and that He will rescue her at His appointed time. Will you join me in this prayer?

No comments: