Tuesday, May 10, 2005

God’s Grace is Amazing!

Good Morning: I am amazed at the vial hatred spewed regularly against our President as he attempts to make progress and reforms for our nation. He is trying so hard to correct the self-imposed degeneration of our country. I know that Abraham Lincoln was hated for his efforts to remove the sin of slavery from our land. It cost in lives lost over 600,000 men, women and children. I wonder what our current “bloodless” civil war will cost. I pray that God puts an end to the hatred before we start destroying ourselves a second time. I pray that He will once again shed His grace upon America, reveal to us what is displeasing in His sight, and bring our nation back to its foundation.

Bible Study, Hosea 2:1-13
What is the main point? God warns the nation of Israel one last time before He allows judgment to fall upon them. He almost begs them to repent of their sins and return to a relationship with Him. I wonder if He is sounding the same alarm for our country.
What does God reveal about Himself? He shows His great compassion for His people. However, He will not tolerate Israel’s sin forever. He warned that the people would naturally suffer consequences for their sins. Now that the penalty payment is due, He extends one last measure of His grace.
What insights into my life? The very evil of deception is that I may not recognize my own sin, or sins. I pray that God’s Holy Spirit will expose to me those things that are not pleasing to Him and that are hidden from me. I pray that He will grant me the ability to recognize these hidden transgressions and that He will grant me His grace to commit myself to a deep and true repentance.
How can I honor God with this information? I desire that I display a thankful attitude towards God in every aspect of my life today. We have more critical challenges ahead of us and I pray that God will extend His wisdom to our work team so that we will understand how best to proceed.
Where is God working today? Several members of our work team show signs of a deep need for encouragement. I pray that God will use me to bring that encouragement.

No comments: