Saturday, May 07, 2005

Celebration!

Good Morning: I am amazed at how often what I am currently experiencing in life is reflected in scripture. In today’s Bible Study, the Children of Israel enjoy a celebration that commemorates all their hard work and putting things in proper order. Today, my program work team is going to celebrate what we’ve accomplished together and everyone is looking forward to our evening of fun together. In many ways, we really need this time together because we have some even harder challenges ahead of us, which will even put greater demands on our time, talents, and resources.


Bible Study, Nehemiah 13:1-31
What is the main point? Nehemiah completes the restoration of Israel. He follows-up and makes sure that the priests, leaders, and people are following God’s commandments.
What does God reveal about Himself? God extends His grace to the people and gives them time to order their lives in compliance with His Word.
What insights into my life? Last night, we listened to a message that discussed the priceless value of a “Good Name.” The foundation passage was from Proverbs 22:1, “A good name is to be more desired than great riches, favor is better than silver and gold.” In respect to the passage, I believe the message was clear regarding the importance of having a good reputation personally, but more importantly because we represent the Lord Jesus Christ. In verse 13 of this passage, men were appointed to the temple service because “they were considered reliable.” Tying the two scriptures together, I want to be considered trustworthy of service for my Lord and I realize that if, or when I sin, He won’t cast me immediately into Hell, but I can become disqualified from the privilege to serve Him, and I enjoy serving Him and introducing people to Him.
How can I honor God with this information? Mother’s Day is tomorrow. I need to stop writing and go shopping.
Where is God working today? I pray that God’s Holy Spirit will lead me and guide me to the right gift for Mary who did a near perfect job raising our two children. While I am out shopping, I need to be ready in the market place to follow the lead of the Holy Spirit in the event He directs me to minister to someone in need.

No comments: