Tuesday, June 09, 2015

God Hears & Answers Prayer


One week ago, I started praying for God to reason with women to reconsider aborting their babies.  I wrote about my decision on my Future and Hope blog in an article titled, “Maybe There Is Hope.”  I used the Online For Life mobile application (OFL APP), which helps me pray for the general needs of a woman who has either: contacted a counseling center in her area, scheduled an appointment for counseling, or kept her counseling appointment.  If after receiving all relevant facts a woman chooses life for her baby, an alert is given to all OFL prayer partners letting us know another baby has been saved.   

Yesterday while praying, I began to weep for those women and their babies.  I don’t know why.  Maybe praying for these souls to be saved touched a nerve.  Grieving, my prayers changed from the abstract to the personal and from the temporal to the eternal.

A few minutes ago, I received a notice.  Baby number 3,062 has been saved.  We cannot prove if our prayers have anything to do with women reconsidering their choice and giving their babies life, but I am committed to pray.  3,062 saved babies compared to the 4,500 abortions performed each day in America seems like a drop in the ocean.  But I know Almighty God hears and answers every prayer offered to save a baby’s life and to comfort the mother so she does not feel lost and alone in a cold, heartless, and wicked world.

Please join me in prayer (and thousands more across the country) to save the lives of many unborn babies.  I recommend downloading the OFL APP and watch the results of your prayers on your smart phone.  We cannot change the law (not yet anyway), but we can beg God to reason with women considering an abortion to think beyond their immediate inconvenience, change their minds, and choose life for their babies.

If you do not know how or what to pray, I offer the one below as a suggestion:

“Father, in the precious and powerful name of Jesus, I ask that Your Holy Spirit will move upon the mother’s heart in (City & State) and convict her of sin, righteousness, and judgment.  If she does not know Jesus, I pray that she will come to believe in her heart and confess with her mouth that Jesus is Lord.  I ask that she would realize that her body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.  I pray that you reason with her to think beyond the immediate and look forward to a blessed future.  Comfort her and help her have the courage to change her mind about having an abortion, and to choose life and the blessings it brings.  In the name of Jesus I thank you.  Amen.”

No comments: